With legal, scientific and creative backgrounds we are a team who approach projects with a broad range of experience and insights.
We focus on pragmatic problem solving and are always looking for new ways to affect change. If you are interested in getting involved please apply for the positions listed on this page or say hello:
Hanway Associates are looking for interns that are interested in policy research, creating multi-media content, coordinating projects and working in emerging industries.
Closed — Communications
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to join our small, high-performing team. The successful candidate will have a significant (and sometimes unpredictable) portfolio of responsibilities, including information management and external and internal communications.
You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf. Communication, copywriting, editing and proofing skills are paramount. The post holder will also be responsible for engaging our audiences through creative use and effective management of digital channels, including the website, and social media channels.
- Experience in an outward facing communications role in an organisation that dealt with law, policy, or government
- BA/MA in Communications or similarly applicable field
- Knowledge of and interest in North American and European drug policy and law
- Experience in web design, digital and video content production
- Knowledge of photo and video-editing software
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (such as Salesforce)
Open Position — Freelance Policy Researcher
We are looking for freelance policy researchers and writers to assist us with upcoming policy work. If you are interested in being contacted about these projects please apply below. See our past policy work here.
- Relevant experience in the field of drug policy or public policy
- Examples of previous policy work
- Knowledge of North American and European drug policy and law
- An interest in projects ranging from prison policy, cannabis regulations and building sustainable industries
- Ability to build well presented research assets to short deadlines